I have been a member of Wealthy Affiliate University for over eight (8) years. The Wealthy Affiliate scam does not exist.
How Much Money Can I Make by Affiliate Marketing?
Members of Wealthy Affiliate are asked often if they are making any money, and if so, how much. Members seldom answer this question. The reason is that our personal finances are nobody’s business but our own. The question is rude.
Having said that, a premium membership in Wealthy Affiliate cost $47 a month. That is one heck of a lot of money if there’s not going to be in a return on investment. You can reduce this cost by paying annually to about half, but that’s still is about $300 a year.
There is also the possibility, if you use the Wealthy Affiliate affiliate program, that you will earn enough to pay for your annual tuition. That is how I have been paying for my tuition for the last nine (9) years. If you join the Wealthy Affiliate keyword software program, JAAXY, you can also earn money there as an affiliate. This program can also pay your tuition.
How Much Money Do I Make Every Month As an Affiliate Marketer?
With the exception of the two programs mentioned above, very little. My family has always preferred to market products rather than sponsor affiliate products. We make significant income by doing that.
I am not selling product now. I sold books and flagpoles for many years but in my old age, I don’t do much of that, just a little on Etsy to unload things that are cluttering up the house. I’m too old for the work of shipping products all over the place.
Because of my training at Wealthy Affiliate, I have been more efficient in starting my son and my granddaughters into very strong Internet businesses. That process continues as more of my 34 living grandchildren enter into business.
Is Affiliate Marketing Worth Learning?
It has certainly helped me in product marketing. In affiliate marketing you never have to mess with the product you just have to introduce it. You don’t have to do any kind of customer service or shipping or handling customer returns and such, all of which you must do in product marketing. Often the commissions are lower in affiliate marketing than in product marketing.
Most affiliate marketers are not successful.
That is a simple truth of the matter. But those who are properly trained, such as those members of Wealthy Affiliate, have a much better chance of earning money then those who do not have proper training.
Many of my friends at Wealthy Affiliate have been able to quit their day jobs and to earn very good living through affiliate marketing. My dear friend from Sweden, Veronica, has two small children that she likes to take to Sweden to see their grandparents and cousins. Her commissions from affiliate marketing allow her to do this and she does not have to leave the home to earn her daily bread.
Kyle and Carson, the owners of Wealthy Affiliate, work their way through college by affiliate marketing. So did my friend Ryan who earned over $500,000 while in college and has decided to stay in affiliate marketing, where with other Internet enterprises, he makes a very high income.
I could name more high income earners but that would be of no advantage to you.
If you are going to go into affiliate marketing, here are some suggestions:
1. Learn the ropes! Wealthy Affiliate is a great place to do just that because it is late premier training site for affiliate marketers on the Internet.
2. From the very start, establish a mailing list of followers. It is absolutely essential that you do this. It is hard to say anyone anything through one visit to your website. But if you can get their name on your mailing list, you can continue to contact them and make suggestions and give them help.
3. Your purpose is not to sell products. Your purpose is to help people solve their problems. To do this, you must have a very informative website which focuses on a market called a niche market, a small market of buyers in a larger market. Such a market might be toys for dogs or clubs for left-handed lady golfers.
Here are some things to think about as you go through the steps of becoming an affiliate marketer:
1. Finding a Niche Market
The main markets for a new niche marketer are:
A. Relationships such as finding a mate, resolving a divorce problem and dating.
B. Making Money which is a very competitive market and not the best for beginners.
C. Expensive Hobbies has many niche markets that can be profitable and this market must not be forgotten.
D. Health and Beauty
Note that these markets are very competitive. A market that is not competitive is usually not worth working. You will be in business and you will have to compete with other businesses.
Some Mistakes Made by New Affiliate Marketers
Here are some things that can stop you from succeeding as an affiliate marketer:
1. Not being business minded, not even realizing that you are in business, not having a business plan and not becoming a part of the business community. Go to SBA.gov for free business training and to set up your business plan.
2. Not gaining the education that you need to be an affiliate marketer, Universities cannot teach you affiliate marketing, they have all failed at this. You need to be taught by folks who are actually affiliate marketers. The field is full of scam artist called gurus. You must stay away from the gurus who promised you overnight profits if you will just join their program, a funnel they draw you into by offering you a free product, then a product the cost $67, then a product that cost you $269 and finally tutoring that can cost you thousands of dollars. Don’t let the gurus empty your pockets before you can even get started. What they sell is free on the Internet.
3. Not carefully choosing a niche market through thorough keyword research. Remember that you will be seeking visitors to your website who are using a web browser to find an answer to a particular question. Your website must answer that question in a professional way and suggest possible solutions to the problem.
4. Not having enough patients to get into business. Any new business takes time to start up. Affiliate marketing is no different. It usually takes from six months to a year to start making a profit. The reason is that you must build up an audience that likes what you are saying on your website and wants to learn more. As I mentioned earlier, you need a mailing list. Because the cost of a mailing list manager is high, too many ignore this step. If you build a good list, the cost of maintaining that list will be small.
5. Not being able to compete. You need to keep up to date and to stay ahead of your competitors. You need a competitive edge which you must maintain.
6. Having a supplier dropping an affiliate program. Supplier may decide that there are less costly methods of marketing then having a group of affiliate marketers and may abandon its affiliates. To prevent this, you need to join a number of affiliate programs so that if one fails to fulfill your needs, you can fall back on another program.
7. A change in protocols by by a search engine such as Google, can put you out of business. Google never has liked affiliate marketers. For one reason is that Google is in competition with affiliate marketers. But that is not the main reason which is that affiliate marketers tend to have websites that are not relevant to what the searchers are looking for. The content is too often trivial and worthless. The job of a search engine is to guide a person looking for a solution to a problem on the Internet, to get an answer to that problem. Don’t blame Google if you get bounced. Grab yourself by the boot laces and pull yourself back up, providing good content.
8. Having a website that is not easy to navigate, that loads too slowly, that is too klutzy, does not use video or images.
Sources To Get You Going in Affiliate Marketing
I said that I have been a Wealthy Affiliate for over eight years. I stay there because I like the community and I like to contribute to it. I also like to stay up to date in the business. If I have a question, I want to be able to get an answer in a short time, usually from another member on their chat function. But I can place a question in a box at the top of the site at any time and get a number of good answers.
Like the university, Wealthy Affiliate has formal courses in marketing on the Internet. Some of these courses are geared to absolutely knew affiliate marketers and they are free. Nothing is cheaper than free.
For more extensive training and interaction with the community, you must become a premium member. The differences in the two membership levels are shown below:
There is a free keyword tool on the Wealthy Affiliate site. JAAXY is a special tool designed for Internet marketers. There is a monthly fee that I always make more than that fee through their affiliate program.
Discuss the importance of having a mailing list, that if you don’t have a mailing list, you’re not really in business. Get response is a very reliable mailing list manager and you will be able to publish mailings and your newsletter according to your desires.
Another efficient and desirable mailing list manager. There are free mailing list managers listed on the Internet. Just make sure you know what you are getting. To start you can use your email provider to group email addresses under a particular category and you can send out the emails from your own server as long as you don’t overdo it. You can always transfer your list later. You can also purchase software that will handle your email directly from your computer. I’ve tried that some success but that was a long time ago.
Internet marketing is a business function and affiliate marketing is a business unto itself. It is not an easy road to profitability, certainly not a gift-rich-quick scheme, but it can provide a part-time income from home, or from wherever you are with your laptop, or a full-time income.
Wealthy Affiliate is a training center, not the Wealthy Affiliate scam. Some who take advantage of the training by performing the task as directed, will gain significant income. We all have different talents and abilities so some will be more successful than others. But you don’t have to be a genius to find a niche market, to choose a domain name, to build a website and to provide relevant significant useful information to that site.
Some folks go to Wealthy Affiliate for about 5 to 6 months. That is all it is necessary to gain the training. That is much cheaper than a college course that will not give you the training that you need. I suggest you join for a year to enjoy the lower costs had to make a full commitment to learning the business. After that, you can decide if you want to be like this old man who can’t seem to leave Wealthy Affiliate.
John T. Jones, Ph.D.
Old Man In Idaho
(Note: The FTC requires me to tell you that some links in this site may result in me receiving a commission from a vendor. That hardly ever happens but I am grateful for any commissions that I may receive. John)
698 total views, no views today